Import questions

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
btroxell

Import questions

Post by btroxell »

I am looking at buying your program and am trying it out. It is important to me that I can import 2 files, a Scubase *.dat and SmartTRAK file. I lost my computer with Scubaase installed so all I have is a .dat file. When I open it in Word, I can see a "Microsoft SQL..." in it along with all the binary data. Is there a way to import that file?
When I tried to import my SmartTRAK file, it was missing a lot of the information that I manually added like location, weather, and tank size. Is there a way to import that information?

Thanks,
Ben
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Import questions

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ben

Thank you for your interest! There is a Scubase import, however it requires a running SQL Server instance and usually a *.mdf file. I guess that the *.dat file is just a backup and can be renamed to *.mdf. If you don't have a running SQL Server, you can send me the file to info (at) divinglog .de (or send it via Dropbox etc. if it's too big) and I'll try to convert it for you.

The SmartTrak import is usually very good, so I'm surprised you say the location and tank data is missing. Can you double check that? If so, please send me also this file.

Kind regards,
Sven
btroxell

Post by btroxell »

I re-checked the SmartTRAK file import an it works; I must have done something wrong when I first tried to import it.
I will send you the Scubase file to see if you can decode it.

Thanks,
Ben
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ben

Thank you, I'm glad to hear the SmartTrak import works! Have you sent the Scubase file? I have not received anything yet.

Kind regards,
Sven
btroxell

Post by btroxell »

I did send an email to info@... on Sunday. I just resent it.

Ben
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm sorry, no email arrived. If you want you can send it also to divinglog (at) gmail.com
Maybe the file size is too big?
btroxell

Post by btroxell »

It zipped up to 2.6MB. I sent it to the gmail address.

Ben
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, got it!