Dive Rite NiTek Q (Full Trimix)

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
engel

Re: Dive Rite NiTek Q (Full Trimix)

Post by engel »

I've been trying to connect my Nitek Q to my computer (Windows 7), but windows doesn't assigns a serialport to it, so DivingLog does not recognizes my Nitek Q.

Is there a windows driver or a software that allows windows to recognize Nitek Q?

Best regards.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You probably still have to install the Nitek Workbench software, which contains all necessary drivers. Then it should work
engel

Post by engel »

That's it, the driver is needed for windows to recognize it. Unfortunately DiveRite has removed the software from their website.

Thanks.
alcornl

Post by alcornl »

I have been helping a friend getting his nitek q working with diving log on a windows 8 machine. We got dive rite to send us the workbench software and installed it. Diving log will still not recognize the computer, but when I connect it to a windows 7 machine it connects fine. It appears there is a problem with the windows 8 drivers and diving log working with the nitek. Any help with that?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Here you can download just the NiTek Q driver file (Inf File): NiTekQDriver.zip

I think all you have to do is right clicking the file and select "Install" from the context menu. But I'm not sure if this works on Windows 8.
alcornl

Post by alcornl »

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
alcornl

Post by alcornl »

On the windows 8 manchine, I had to disable digital signature signing to get the driver to install, but it did and now the nitek q works with diving log. Thanks for the help.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great to hear that it works that way!
seawolf

Post by seawolf »

>On the windows 8 manchine, I had to disable digital signature signing to get the driver to install, but it did and now the nitek q works with diving log.<

Could you be a little more specific on how you did this. I have the same issue, but all I get is a text file when I unzip it.
No device appears when I attach the Nitek Q via usb, so I have no place to point the file to.

Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I think this should be a working tutorial: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-can-i- ... windows-8/

Then you can right click the *.inf file and select "Install".
seawolf

Post by seawolf »

:D
>I think this should be a working tutorial: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-can-i- ... windows-8/ <

Thanks, this works with a few mods for WIN 8.1. There is no longer a "General" Tab: follow these tabs:

PC Settings
Update & Recovery
Recovery.............procedure picks up here. Note the settings screen only displays for a couple of seconds to let you push F7.

Before disabling driver signing Nitek Q appeared in Device Manager. After only the active COM port (3 in my case)

To install the driver select properties for Nitek Q in Device Manager.
Install the missing driver by pointing to the location of the extracted INF file.

Reboot
swtrader

Post by swtrader »

Great directions, thought it was going to work but now I just keep getting USB device errors. Saw the entry in the device mgr once for less than a minute. Showed up as PORTS but now just the USB unrecognized device error.

Any ideas??
swtrader

Post by swtrader »

Good news, its working. All the directions for the diver are correct, turns out I had a bad USB cable.

Next question, I don't see GASES any where in the Diving Log 5.0 screens but its in the raw Nitek data (see below). Is this being added?

Thanks

<gas fo2="31" fhe="0" spmode="oc"/>
<waypoint depth="0"/>
<waypoint depth="3"/>

<gas fo2="99" fhe="0" spmode="oc"/>
<waypoint depth="2.8"/>
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Have you switched the profile view to the gas switch profile? See also here: https://www.divinglog.de/english/tutorials/tec.php
Dirty Dog

Post by Dirty Dog »

I've downloaded and unzipped the driver file, but when I right click on it and select install I get an error message that "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation."
This is on a Windows 7 laptop.