ownCloud sync

Discussions about the smartphone versions
froop

ownCloud sync

Post by froop »

Is there anything in the pipeline to integrate ownCloud (or Next Cloud) sync into the Android version? I use OwnCloud for a few other apps, and it works really well.

It's great to be able to upload/download to owncloud from the desktop version, but would be great to be able to export from desktop and import to Android and vice versa.

What I would really love though is for the Android version to have a scratchpad of sorts, which works like this:
1. Dive.
2. Record dive as "first for the trip" site name, brief notes, buddy name, tank start/end pressure (no AI computer) - ie, enough information
3. Dive.
4. Record dive details as above.
5. Upload "scratchpad" data to owncloud
6. Go Home
7. Upload from dive computer to home computer
8. Divelog matches the downloaded dives to my "scratchpad" details, and converts them to logged dives complete with actual start/end time and profile data
9. Using the site/brief notes fields to jog my memory, I fill in the remainder of the log details.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: ownCloud sync

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You can use the ownCloud app on your phone to upload and download the *.sql file from the "Diving Log" folder on the phone to the "Divelog" in your ownCloud. In the desktop version you can use the build-in ownCloud sync, which interacts with your local ownCloud folder.

All your other points are already possible and work exactly as you want. You can start new dives on your phone, upload to ownCloud, download to the desktop version. Then you download your dive computer and select in the last step "Update existing dives" to merge the data with the phone dives:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=253

Kind regards,
Sven
froop

Post by froop »

divinglog wrote:Hi
You can use the ownCloud app on your phone to upload and download the *.sql file from the "Diving Log" folder on the phone to the "Divelog" in your ownCloud. In the desktop version you can use the build-in ownCloud sync, which interacts with your local ownCloud folder.
I guess what I'm after is something a little more user friendly instead of refreshing the file in the ownCloud app then copying it to the Diving Log folder, and doing the reverse to sync it back to OwnCloud.
All your other points are already possible and work exactly as you want. You can start new dives on your phone, upload to ownCloud, download to the desktop version. Then you download your dive computer and select in the last step "Update existing dives" to merge the data with the phone dives:
https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=253
Thanks, I didn't realise that.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

froop wrote:I guess what I'm after is something a little more user friendly instead of refreshing the file in the ownCloud app then copying it to the Diving Log folder, and doing the reverse to sync it back to OwnCloud.
Yes I know, but the app solution works right now. Cloud sync integration is a lot of work, and before ownCloud there is also Google Drive and OneDrive missing as well as a lot of other features. So I'm sorry, I won't be able to add ownCloud anytime soon.