Sync problem

Discussions about the smartphone versions
beldridg

Sync problem

Post by beldridg »

Sync with my iPhone used to work okay and then it stopped working. I believe this happened after I moved to a new VM instance of Windows 7 on my Mac vs the old Windows XP.

I think the problem is with the pairing code.

I enable sync on Dive Log on the iPhone and the green arrows briefly flash on Diving Log 5.0 and then go back to gray and I can't sync. I have tried to manually sync and it doesn't work either.

When I hit the info button on the iPhone app, it says that Diving Log 5.0 is sending the wrong code (I never get prompted to enter the code on Diving Log even though it shows up on the iPhone).

The message on the iPhone says:

Server started
Bonjour service published with name: brett's iPhone (Wi-Fi - 172.16.0.60) on port: 61818
Connection made
... got pairing code of '0000' pair using code: 3895.

I'm wondering if there is some weird modal dialog issue where I'm not seeing the pop-up to enter the code in Diving Log 5.0?

Thanks,

- brett
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sync problem

Post by divinglog »

Hi Brett

Make sure you've setup the network mode in your virtual machine settings to "Bridged" mode. Please try also to use the VM in normal "Windowed" mode and not integrated in the Mac OS window mode ("Unity" (VMWare Fusion) or "Coherence" (Parallels)). Please let me know if you have still problems.

Kind regards,
Sven
beldridg

Post by beldridg »

Hi Sven,

Yes, I was in Bridged mode for networking so the VM instance had it's own IP on the local network (as opposed to NAT). Also, I never really use the Unity mode for windowing but tried both regular & Unity and neither one worked.

- brett
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Brett

You can download here an update which outputs more debug messages in Diving Log. Extract the update into the Diving Log program folder, try the sync again and after it failed, click the "Info" button at the bottom. Send me the complete logfile from the textbox or post it here.

Kind regards,
Sven
beldridg

Post by beldridg »

Hi Sven,

It worked with the new binary. I got the prompt in Windows for the authentication code and then everything worked.

- brett