WP and divelogs.de sync

Discussions about the smartphone versions
decidedlyodd

WP and divelogs.de sync

Post by decidedlyodd »

In the last version for Windows Phone, I noticed that sync with divelogs.de was no longer working very well in that my dives were all out of order. However, I just downloaded the newest version and this sync option appears to have been removed entirely. I don't actually use DivingLog for the Windows Desktop, so this change has made the mobile app pretty much useless to me now. Are there any plans to bring this feature back in future releases?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: WP and divelogs.de sync

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I've removed the 3 online logbook sync functions in the WP8 version because they were a bit difficult to maintain within the phone app. Two of them stopped working completely recently, because the online logbook servers were down for quite some time and I wanted to avoid bad ratings in the store because of something I can't control.

Those functions were added in the very first version 2 years ago, because they were the only possibility to get dive data to the phone. Now we have with SkyDrive and Dropbox a full backup and sync function. I had hoped that no one was using these sync functions on WP8 anyways (they are still there in the WP7 version).

The code is still there (I just removed them from the sync selection list), so theoretically I can reactivate it easily in the next update. However I would prefer to stick with SkyDrive and Dropbox from now on. I'll send you via PM some options how we can try to find a solution for your case.

Best regards,
Sven