Prob importing from Shearwater Desktop/Direct upload?

Discussions about the smartphone versions
jward

Prob importing from Shearwater Desktop/Direct upload?

Post by jward »

Are there any plans to support the Shearwater Predator as a direct upload to Diving Log 5.0?

Currently I upload from my Predator to the Shearwater Desktop, then import from that to Diving Log 5.0. However, when I import the date and time do not convert correctly. I get a very erroneous date and time in Diving Log.

Also, if I log the dive at the dive site on my iPhone (site name, equiment used, etc.) this will all be overwritten to blank fields when I perform the Shearwater ==> Diving Log import.

Being able to directly upload from the Predator to Diving Log wold hopefully save a step and fix the problem.

Please let me know your thoughts.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Prob importing from Shearwater Desktop/Direct upload?

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, we are in contact with Shearwater regarding direct download support. But there is no timeframe available yet when it will be possible.

Can you send me the shearwater desktop logbook file so I can see why the dates are wrong.
jward wrote:Also, if I log the dive at the dive site on my iPhone (site name, equiment used, etc.) this will all be overwritten to blank fields when I perform the Shearwater ==> Diving Log import.
That's normally not possible when you select the option "Update existing dives" during the import. All fields, which contain data from the iPhone, won't be overwritten.