Sync fails on iPhone

Discussions about the smartphone versions
Scubanut

Sync fails on iPhone

Post by Scubanut »

I have been able to sync my iPhone and Dive Log 5.0 information in the past. I recently entered two new dives on my iPhone and want to sync them with the Oceanic 2.0 dive computer info imported into my Dive Log 5.0. The software is not recognizing the iPhone even though it is sync enabled. They are both on the same WiFi network. I even have my iPhone connected using the cable to no avail. HELP!
Scubanut

Re: Sync fails on iPhone-Additional Info

Post by Scubanut »

I did touch on the "I" icon in the iPhone synchronization dialog box and noted the Bonjour service publishing with the iPhone name and Wifi info. I enter this info into the iPhone synchronization dialog box in Dive Log 5.0. The "sync from iPhone" green arrow then appeared. Clicking on it eventually yielded a Network Error message. I removed and redownloaded iTunes and also "repaired" Bonjour but nothing seems to work. It's as if Bonjour is not finding my iPhone or when found giving incorrect conne ct information.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sync fails on iPhone

Post by divinglog »

Hi

In most cases a reset of the WiFi router works and fixes the issue. Let me know if you have still trouble.

Kind regards,
Sven
Scubanut

Re: Sync fails on iPhone

Post by Scubanut »

Yep, when all else fails.....reboot. I was logging on to tell you of my "fix" and discovered the same wisdom already posted. thanks Sven