Information Missing In Iphone Sync

Discussions about the smartphone versions
guarinol

Information Missing In Iphone Sync

Post by guarinol »

Sven, Love the program, it really is a great way to keep a logbook. I've recommended it to plenty of dive buddies. I have a few questions for you..

I have an Iphone 4 running V1.6 and a PC running 5.4. Three things are happening during the sync that I wanted to ask about.
1. when write data from the phone to the computer it tries to delete all of my certifications
a. It would be really useful to store the certifications on the mobile device since that is when you are most likely to
use them... I rarely need my nitrox card when I'm at my computer :)
2. I import my dive profiles to the desktop logbook from smartrack. I created dive that had no data in it on my phone during my dive trip and then I sync the phone with the computer to add the dives to my log. Then I import the dive profiles from smartrack to the desktop logbook. Everything seems normal on the desktop logbook. Then I sync my logbook with my phone and the profiles dont transfer. The strange thing is it was working and I havent been able to figure out what I've done differently if anything.

3. It would be great to store the signatures that my dive buddy creates on my phone on the computer during a sync also...
Thanks a bunch
Luke
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Information Missing In Iphone Sync

Post by divinglog »

Hi Luke

Thank you very much for your kind words and for recommending Diving Log! All these things should normally work so I guess you have some sync conflicts, because you made changes on both devices without syncing in between.

When updating your phone dives during import, make sure to select the correct starting dive.

Sync from your phone to the PC and do not delete any items when asked. Then sync to the phone to replace the existing logbook. Now the conflicts should be solved. All data is synced, so you can display the signatures on in PC the signature layout.

Kind regards,
Sven
guarinol

Post by guarinol »

Thanks for the help Sven. it seemed to fix itself when I synced with a new logbook from my computer to the phone.

I did find the signature layout also on the PC.

How about the certs? I was wondering if they can be accessed from the phone. Thanks a bunch
Luke
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Luke

Your certifcations are on the iPhone in the "More > Personal" tab.

Sven
guarinol

Post by guarinol »

Awesome man I dont know why I didn't see that before. :) I owe ya a beer
Cheers
Luke