Technical dives: feature request

Discussions about the smartphone versions
oversampling

Technical dives: feature request

Post by oversampling »

Hi Sven,

following your blog I read that you are revising the log format to better represent "technical" dives.
Actually a lot of "technical" divers use to wear computers as a backup, but to follow pre-calculated tables (by well known deco softwares as V-planner, Gap...).
You may consider to provide the possibility to overlap the depth profile chart provided by the computer with the table profile chart.
In this way it would be immediate to see if and when the diver was able to follow the pre-calculated profile.
Just a thought...

Roberto
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Technical dives: feature request

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roberto

Thank you for your suggestion! Where do the table chart should come from? Do you think of a manual creation or some kind of import from apps like V-Planner?

Kind regards,
Sven
oversampling

Post by oversampling »

Hi Sven,

V-Planner is probably the most well known software for deco calculation, but several others are out there.

Also in my experience the deco software is usually run on the diving center's computer: each diver handwrites the resulting table on his wrist tape and does not hold a software copy of the table. He will bring his handwritten wrist tape back home afterwards.

Therefore my feeeling is that probably it would be easier and more useful to foresee in Divinglog a "manual" creation from a table than an import interface for each deco software.

The tables are very simple (usually only Depth "D" and Runtime "R" columns are reported) and look like this ("-------" indicating a gas switch):

D R
53 20
30 23
27 24
24 25
---------
21 29
18 31
15 33
11 35
09 39
--------
06 50

Quote transition speed is pre-determined (usually 10m/min).

Roberto
BoneDoc

Post by BoneDoc »

It would be nice to have a way to import an electronic one as well.

The places I've been diving, I don't think I have ever seen someone use the centers computer to generate a profile as described above. I and most of the people I know either bring a laptop with them or generate it at home before they go.
tbernard

Post by tbernard »

Hi

perhaps the best option is to consider this kind of profile has a multicomputer dive viewtopic.php?f=4&t=798