sync photos to iPhone

Discussions about the smartphone versions
dcvet

sync photos to iPhone

Post by dcvet »

I started using the diving log for the iPhone last week, and now am using the windows version for my desktop, which I happen to run as an Windows XP virtual machine using VMware on my linux desktop. I am very pleased with this app and application. I like the signature feature, which of course is not transferable to the electronic log!

I like organizing my dive photos in the desktop application, however, I'd also like to organize the videos taken on those dives using the same feature, but am unable to do so. Perhaps a useful feature for a future release?

Secondly, have you considered being able to sync the photos over to the iPhone? It'd be great to bring up a particular dive, and have access to the photos/videos attached to it as one finds on the desktop version?

I continue to explore the other features and capabilities, so, I may add a few more posts. I hope that I didn't miss a similar post earlier through my search.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: sync photos to iPhone

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you very much!
dcvet wrote: I like the signature feature, which of course is not transferable to the electronic log!
You can display the signature in your desktop logbook, by changing the layout in the layout tab in the logbook.
dcvet wrote:I like organizing my dive photos in the desktop application, however, I'd also like to organize the videos taken on those dives using the same feature, but am unable to do so. Perhaps a useful feature for a future release?
Yes, we've discussed already a function to attach (link) any file (PDF, Videos) to a dive, maybe this will be added in the future.
dcvet wrote:Secondly, have you considered being able to sync the photos over to the iPhone? It'd be great to bring up a particular dive, and have access to the photos/videos attached to it as one finds on the desktop version?
Yes, I've discussed this with Greg (the developer of the iPhone Dive Log), but we came to the conclusion that it is not really possible. Pictures added to dive sites, equipment and your personal information are stored in the database and synced between iPhone and desktop. But photos linked to dives are too big and too many to store them within the database. And syncing them as separate files is very difficult and would duplicate the iTunes photo sync function. So this is not very likely to be integrated into Diving Log and Dive Log, I'm sorry.

Kind regards,
Sven