Copy/Paste dives between logbooks?

Discussions about the smartphone versions
antonbor

Copy/Paste dives between logbooks?

Post by antonbor »

Is it possible to copy a dive (dives) from one logbook to another one? Using iPhone during safari later on I have to overwrite constantly existing file on PC, and it's not convenient and safe. It would be much better if I have sort of "master logbook", backed up in several places, and after every dive trip just copy new dives (after downloading data from dive computer and final turnings) to this "master logbook".
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Copy/Paste dives between logbooks?

Post by divinglog »

You can use the "Diving Log" import function to transfer data between logbook files. But it is not really necessary, because the iPhone sync function does not replace the entire logbook file, it just updates dives which were edited or added at the iPhone. All other data will not be changed, but it is recommended to make backups from time to time, e.g. with the integrated backup function.
antonbor

Post by antonbor »

Well... As far as I understand, "import" works for the entire file, and you can't select just a few dives and import them to another logbook, am I right? Is it necessary or not - good question, let me give you an example. I was diving for a week with my family. One day my daughter took my iPhone to play games, and suddenly (pushing wrong buttons) she deleted 15 dives from the past - don't ask me how she did it - have no clue :x . I continued to use iPhone, but finally I got a logbook file with certain gap in the middle.
If I import it to PC in a normal way - deleted dives would be deleted on PC as well. OK, I have a back up file, but how to extract missed 15 files from there and add it to the main logbook?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Just try the Diving Log import function, you can select every single entry.