How is the profile data saved in Diving Log?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

There is an updated posting available here.

I want that you can access your entered logbook data from every software and use it freely. This is the reason I used an open format like Microsoft Access. In the german forum someone asked about the profile data and how it is saved in the database. So I'll translate my explanation here for better understanding:

The profile is saved in numerical values as a string. Each profile value has a size of 12 numbers (block). The numbers has the following meaning:

1-5: Depth in meter (e.g. 02350 = 23.50m)
6: Deco (1 = yes, 0 = no)
7: RBT (Remaining Bottom Time)
8: Ascent warning
9: Decostop ignored
10: Work
11 + 12: Extra info (different for every computer)

Example:

split it into:

Meaning:

Depth: 3,0m / no Warning
Depth: 4,5m / no Warning

The sample rate (seconds between each record) of the profile entries is saved in the field "ProfileInt" in seconds. I hope this may help you to understand how the profiles are saved in Diving Log.
Last edited by divinglog on Wed Dec 26, 2007 01:21, edited 3 times in total.
sstone16

Problems with Oceanlog Import for profiles

Post by sstone16 »

For some reason, some of my dive profiles show me coming up, doing my safety stop, and descending again. I know the dive length is right, but somehow the end of the profile made it to the begining. I tried to email you the files, but I was rejected by the server...Please help!

~Steve
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Steve

From which software do you import the profile data? Normaly it should be no problem in sending me emails with attachments (I think file size at least up to 6 MB should be no problem). The best would be if you send me the file(s) you import and tell me at which dive the errors appear.

My email is: info@divinglog.de
mirounga

Post by mirounga »

Hi,

I am just playing around with the shareware version of diving log. Just to see if it is the right one for me. As I don't have an interface, I am looking for entering the dive profile manually. This can't be done within diving log (yet...), but as I read here, I can do it via MS Access. But do I have an idea of MS Access? NOP! An there is no sample logbook, so that I can look at a profile.
So, it would be perfect if someone can explain how to do it in Access (in more detail...). There are to columns in the logbook table (profileint, profile) and where do I have to enter the time (corresponding to the depth)?

Cheers
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

There will be a function to enter the dive profile by hand in the next update within the next days, so there is no more need to do this in Access. :)

Best regards,
Sven
mirounga

Post by mirounga »

Brilliant!
Looking foreward to get it!
Thank you Sven. :D