Export to XLS or CSV, gasses not exported and no Buddy names

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Buceador

Export to XLS or CSV, gasses not exported and no Buddy names

Post by Buceador »

Hi,

Two questions

Exporting my dives to XLS or CSV does not give the possibility to list the different gasses used. Just the main one. Do I oversee anyhing?
Second. The column of Buddies only contains a single number, probably an ID of the first buddy. Is there an other way to export this to the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Export to XLS or CSV, gasses not exported and no Buddy names

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, you can only export the dive table (one dive per row), so yes, the additional tanks are missing in the Excel export right now. Regarding Buddy: I guess you've exported the column BuddyID, not Buddy? When you select "Buddy", it should contain the name.

Kind regards,
Sven
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Hi Sven,

I did use the column Buddy. For some dives the buddy name is exported, however in most cases only a number is shown.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Can you have a look into the logbook table window to see if the buddy name is contained in the buddy column for these dives? Please send me also your logbook file and which dives are affected. I've just tested it and the buddy name is exported for me when the "Buddy" column is selected. Only the BuddyID column normally contains a number.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for the files. You are exporting to CSV, not Excel, that's an important difference. CSV is a comma separated text file. Buddies are separated by comma, that's why it does not work as expected. You can change the separator in the export settings. Or you can simply export directly to Excel format.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Thanks! Stupid mistake. The depth most of the times has a comma in it, which caused to shift the decimal to the next column, which happend to be DiveBudddy...
p.s. I do not use Excel but Calc (open Office), then the program cannot export to XLS.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Ahh thanks, that makes sense! Yes, the Excel export needs Excel to be installed. I should have used a different CSV separator by default, I haven't thought about the comma in numbers and buddies. I'll change that in the next update. In the meantime, just click on "Settings" in the CSV export and change it to a semicolon. Thanks for the feedback!