Wisdom 3 won't sync

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
schsumpster

Wisdom 3 won't sync

Post by schsumpster »

When I go download data from my Wisdom 3 computer, it give me an error telling me "Wisdom 3 is not found." It shows connecting to COM3. I also have a first gen Wisdom, and I can connect to it and download from it just fine.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Rose
Master Scuba Diver
Diving (off and on) since 2003
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Wisdom 3 won't sync

Post by divinglog »

Hi Brian

Are you sure COM 3 is the correct port? Does it show up when you connect the dive computer? Please make sure the driver is installed correctly for this computer (have a look into the device manager). If not, install the manufacturer software which usually contains the drivers. Try also the download with the manufacturer software to see if that works.

Let me know if you have still problems with downloading.

Kind regards,
Sven
kuma1720

Post by kuma1720 »

I have the same Wisdom 3 and have recently been trying to use a newer Windows 10 machine to download my last dive. My issue is that the USB is either showing DC_Status_Protocol or No Access.

I downloaded the drivers from the Sherwood site and somehow the linked driver won't work. Any suggestions?
kuma1720

Post by kuma1720 »

I have the same Wisdom 3 and have recently been trying to use a newer Windows 10 machine to download my last dive. My issue is that the USB is either showing DC_Status_Protocol or No Access.

I downloaded the drivers from the Sherwood site and somehow the linked driver won't work. Any suggestions?

The Hardware Manager shows this for the linked USB Driver (2002 Design, Inc):
{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

I have tried to uninstall and start again. Any suggestions will help.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I would guess that the driver is not Windows 10 compatible and if there is no compatible driver available, it will be difficult to get this working. You could try to find out the chip being used and maybe the chip manufacturer has a driver on his website.