Imperial Units Export to Excel

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
larryg-sia

Imperial Units Export to Excel

Post by larryg-sia »

Greetings SVEN from St Louis, Missouri USA!

Was working on exporting some imperial PROFILE DATA for a couple same model dive computers (Aladin TEC 2G) only to find out the resulting data on the spreadsheet was incorrectly adjusted by the Meter to Feet conversion factor of 3.28.

In other words, if the profile data showed a depth of 5ft, the exported excel cell has 5x3.28 = 16.4. My first thought was the export was turning the data back into METRIC but that would divide, not multiply.

dl60_imperialunits_profiledata_exporttoexcel.jpg
dl60_imperialunits_profiledata_exporttoexcel.jpg (68.64 KiB) Viewed 4489 times

Now if DL6.0 units measure preference is set to METRIC, the export is as expected.

Thank you!!!!
LarryG
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Imperial Units Export to Excel

Post by divinglog »

Hi LarryG

Thank you for reporting this issue! I've fixed it and it will be available in the next update. Let me know if you need a preview version.

Kind regards,
Sven
larryg-sia

Post by larryg-sia »

Excellent SVEN!!!
THANK YOU!!!

If it is not too much trouble, gladly take a preview version.

Once I realized what was happening, I just applied the conversion to that column within Excel.

Definitely like the ability to GET INTO THE DATA that SmartTRAK does not allow.

Thanks for putting together a good dive tool for "us" to use!!!

LarryG
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi LarryG

Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder (this is not an installer). Then the export should work.

Kind regards,
Sven
larryg-sia

Post by larryg-sia »

SVEN,

Sorry for delay in follow-up!

Downloaded the ZIP you provided and put the EXE and DLLs in the DL directory (no DLL registration was required - I am somewhat old school). Fired up DL6.0 and the sample [imperial units] dive used as the example above was retried and the EXCEL export worked fine. The data integrity was maintained as evidenced by the screenshot provided.
Re-Run of Same Imperial Units Profile Data
Re-Run of Same Imperial Units Profile Data
dl60_imperialunits_profiledata_exporttoexcel_Take2A.jpg (50.43 KiB) Viewed 4410 times

Went ahead and tried all EXPORT options and only thing I noticed was your CSV was actually using semi-colons, not commas, but that is fine, Excel handles either so long as delimiter is consistent.

Thanks again for the help and support!

LarryG
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you, I'm glad it works now! DLL registration is not needed for Diving Log, everything just hast to be stored within the application folder. Diving Log does not store any DLL's in the system folder of Windows.

I'm using semi-colons as separator, because in Germany for example we are using commas as decimal separator, so semi-colon is better suited for all users.

Kind regards,
Sven