OLF / CNS Suunto Vyper Novo

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Ianm

OLF / CNS Suunto Vyper Novo

Post by Ianm »

Hi all

I just replaced my old computer with the Novo and uploaded my most recent dives into both DM5 and Diving Log 6.0

On DM5 I can see information on OLF and CNS percentages throughout the dives, but the numbers are all zero in DL6. Is there a way to get this data into DL6?

Thanks
Ian
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: OLF / CNS Suunto Vyper Novo

Post by divinglog »

Are you downloading with Diving Log or importing from Suunto DM? If you import from Suunto DM, please send me the Suunto DM logbook file, and I can adjust the import function.
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Hi

OK, little bit more complicated which might be the problem. First of all I simply uploaded from the computer directly into diving log. My previous computer was a suunto vyper which didn't have all the same data and I used an old version of the suunto dive manager which worked fine with the old computer. When I realised that some data was missing I also realised that I should upgrade the suunto USB driver and install DM5, which I did.

I then tried re-uploading and updating the already existing logs, which didn't add the new data. I next imported from the DM database, again updating and again not adding the new data. I did think that maybe I needed to delete the new dives and start form scratch, but having added dive sites etc to the log I didn't want to and have to re enter the personal data.

Does this add any more information? I can send the DM logbook if that is still what's needed. If so who do I send to?

Thanks
Ian
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ian

Please note that the "Update existing dives" function does not work very well for missing profile data if these dives already have a dive profile.

You don't have to delete the whole dive, but you have to delete the dive profile (there is a "Delete Profile" button in the profile toolbar tab of the logbook window. Then you can import the dives again with the "Update existing dives" option to restore the profiles.

You can send the SDM logbook file to info (at) divinglog.de

Kind regards,
Sven
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Hi Sven

I'll try deleting the profile data and reloading next weekend. If that doesn't work I'll send you the log.

Many thanks
Ian
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Hi
Only just got round to trying this fix, but it hasn't worked. I tried deleting the profile data and downloading from the computer which didn't work. I deleted again and tried to import from DM5, but again no OLF data was transferred.

Should I send the file to you? If so where do I find the Suunto DM logbook, what is it called?

Thanks
Ian
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ian

I will be on vacation starting on Wednesday, so I won't be able to look at this until February. You can send me the file which you're selecting in the Diving Log Suunto DM import dialog (Diving Log will open the correct folder). I think in Suunto DM there is also a link to the logbook data folder somewhere in the info dialog or help menu.

But I guess the data you're missing isn't stored in the logbook. Most sport dive computers do not store any deco related data, instead the data is re-calculated by Suunto DM. But I would have to check the Suunto DM logbook file.

Kind regards,
Sven
Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Sven

Thanks, I'll send it on as requested. There's no urgency so just when you get round to it. I'll probably try a few other things myself as well if I have time.

Ian