Change from Windows 10 computer to imac with Diving log 6.0

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
HTdecodiver

Change from Windows 10 computer to imac with Diving log 6.0

Post by HTdecodiver »

I am going to buy an Imac. Untill now I used Diving log 6.0 on my Windows 10 computer. Is it possible to transfer the data from the windows computer to the imac using the app Diving log?
I have a lot of pictures uploaded under the tab "Graphic. Are these pictures also transfered to the imac?
I haven the same question for the pictures inserted in the Tab "Comments".
I hope that it is possible because I have more then 900 dives and 1000 pictures inserted.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Change from Windows 10 computer to imac with Diving log

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You can use the apps from More Mobile Software on your Mac:

http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/DiveLogManager/
http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/DiveLogDT/

If you export your Diving Log 6.0 logbook file to the "SQLite" format using the export function (or using one of the cloud sync functions, e.g. Dropbox), you can open that file in Dive Log Manager or DiveLogDT. You would have to transfer all images manually to your Mac, as Diving Log includes only small images directly in the database (dive photos are not included at all).

In the SQLite export settings, you can enable or disable "RTF2Plaintext", which will convert your comments from Rich Text Format to plain text. If this is enabled, it will remove all images and formattings from the dive comments during export. But I'm not sure if Dive Log Manager can display Rich Text Format at the moment, so you might be forced to enable this setting in order to correctly display the comments.

Alternatively you can continue to run Diving Log 6.0 on your Mac in a virtual machine or via Bootcamp.

And as a 3rd option, you can use "MacDive" on your Mac. If you drag and drop the *.sql file from Diving Log into MacDive, it will import all dives.
HTdecodiver

Post by HTdecodiver »

Thanks for the answer. It is not what I hoped for. The alternative to continue to run Diving Log 6.0 on the Mac in a virtual machine or via Bootcamp is maybe the best solution. I will try to export the data first.
natedawg4081

Post by natedawg4081 »

What I did was make a virtual machine image of my Windows install and use Virtual Box to start the image and run the application. Can also can sync the data from my dive computer via a USB cable still.
NAUIDIVER

Post by NAUIDIVER »

I did the reverse, from MAC to PC. MacDive is very good and imports directly from DL and all the same dive comptuers. Not as feature rich as DL6 but non-the-less a fine solution. In fact I just posted about bring one of the killer features of MacDive over to DL6, the photo management features. They're hands down the most creative way to integrate dive photos into the log book. Missing that feature big time! The photos even sync down to the iOS devices as well! Really a stunning capability and the single most impressive feature all the divers on the boat gather around and comment on most frequently...