Aeris Atmos AI - downloaded can't get them into database

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
DavidnPeggy

Aeris Atmos AI - downloaded can't get them into database

Post by DavidnPeggy »

I am wondering how I get my dive data into the dive log, I thought the download would have accomplished that.

It may be a problem associated with running the trial version, but I would have thought that would have been explained.

Any pointer would be appreciated,
David
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Aeris Atmos AI - downloaded can't get them into database

Post by divinglog »

Hi David

What kind of issue to you have exactly, does the download work so you can see the dives? If so, you can select them and proceed with the download dialog to import them into the logbook. Or is there an error message? I don't think it is related to the trial, as the download would not open if there are more than 10 dives. But if you can download, you can import them even in the trial.

Kind regards,
Sven
DavidnPeggy

Post by DavidnPeggy »

The problem was that I somehow downloaded my Dive computer to a zip file. There was no apparent way for me to import that I could find.

I later discovered that I could open the logBook and download dives directly into the logbook, however, I can only download 32 dives.

I would like to be able to download all of my dives from my Aeris Atmos AI .... any way I can do this?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You've probably checked the "Log Errors" and "Dump File" checkboxes in the downloader settings. Those create a zip file that you can email me to analyze problems. You should not check them if you just want to download dive data into your logbook.

Dive computers have limited memory, so there are probably not more than 32 dives stored on your dive computer. Older dives are overwritten by newer dives. You can double check that by downloading your dive computer into the Aeris logbook software into an empty logbook to see if it downloads more dives.

If your older dives are already downloaded into the Aeris software, you can import them into Diving Log using the "Oceanlog" import function.
DavidnPeggy

Post by DavidnPeggy »

Thanks, I will try the Ocean log import.

David