Problem with Scubase import

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
tduepner

Problem with Scubase import

Post by tduepner »

I was trying to import my old Scubase divelog. I seem to have a problem though because DivingLog expects the logbook file to have an extension of .mdf, but mine is a .mdb. When I look this up on the web, it shows that .mdb is an MS Access file, not a SQL file like DivingLog expects. I do know that the file was generated with Scubase though. Anyone know what might be going on?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Scubase import

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Scubase is using an MDF file for sure (SQL Server database), not MDB. Diving Log (and some other dive log apps) is using MDB (Access), so you may have mixed up the files? If you want you can send me the file and I'll have a look at it: info (at) divinglog.de

Kind regards,
Sven
tduepner

Post by tduepner »

Well, I got most of the log to import. There is a single dive that seems to have a problem with the format of something it is trying to import. I opened and viewed the dive in Scubase and I couldn't see anything specific. The error doesn't say which field is causing the problem. Any ideas?

Still haven't figured out what file Scubase is storing to. I did a search of the entire drive for a .mdf file, but did not find one. Diving Log seems to know where it is, because it successfully imported the dives.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Can you post the full error message that you get? But without the database file it is difficult for me to say which field is causing the problem.