Extra user defined fields

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
sublub

Extra user defined fields

Post by sublub »

Hoi Sven,

Would it be possible to have one or two extra tabs/buttons with user defined fields like the one which is already under additional.

Thanks, Michael
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Michael

I can add more user defined fields (lines in grid) to the existing tab, but for what kind of information do you need so much fields? I think if it's data which other users may also need to store it would be better to add these as normal fields.

Sven
sublub

Post by sublub »

Hoi Sven,

The current tab with user defined fields I use for courses. I put there the names of my students but also the names of my staff and the type of course I was given. The problem however is that the user defined fields aplies for al the logged dives.
I also will log a lot of cave and wreck dives where I also have a lot of standard information which I like to add whitout having to type everything over and over again. The current user defined fields works perfect for me sinse I can put in my own specific information.
Putting this information into regular tabs would be fine for me but I don't think there are a lot of cave divers and instructors on this forum who will use these.

Regards, Michael
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, I understand. But, wouldn't it be better to enter this information in the dive comments field?

But I can add some more userdefined fields. :)
sublub

Post by sublub »

Hoi Sven,

Yes, it would be possible to put this information into the dive comment field but the user defined fields are so easy to use when I can put in some standard information fields in with I only have to add some relevant information from each specific dive.
Into the dive comment field I have to type all the information everytime again.
Further I am very pleased with the program and all it's functions in it.

Michael