Tank switch on Oceanic VT3

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Grog

Tank switch on Oceanic VT3

Post by Grog »

Sven,

I have recently been diving a sidemount configuration with 2 transmitters and noticed something about the import of the computer data from my Oceanic VT3. It appears that the transmitter number isn't being imported into Diving Log. From what I can gather, the computer doesn't record tank pressure from all transmitters all the time, just the pressure from the transmitter that was on the active gas at the time. The transmitter number (or at least something noting a gas switch) does not seem to be read or used by Diving Log, as when the data is imported into OceanLog, it seems to be there. Here's a screen snip from the OceanLog Data (it only showed 4 or 5 lines at a time, so I actually exported the data to Excel to show a bit more.

Here's the snip from OceanLog:
ocanlog snip 1.JPG
ocanlog snip 1.JPG (41.65 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
It also notes several columns over that there is a gas switch (another snip attached)
ocanlog snip 2.JPG
ocanlog snip 2.JPG (47.45 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
Diving Log does not seem to be reading the switch in.
Diving Log 1.JPG
Diving Log 1.JPG (37.02 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
Is this a bug with Diving Log, or does the libdivecomputer importer not read in this data? If the data is not actually transferred, is there a way to insert the gas change on the profile data tab rather than the graph view? It's much easier for me to work with data like that in a spreadsheet format.

Thanks,
Joey Tucker
Grog

Re: Tank switch on Oceanic VT3

Post by Grog »

Oops :oops: , the profile editor button was staring me right in the face, so now I know an easier way to fix it, but was still wondering why it isn't reading the transmitter/gas number in.