New user questions

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
jasonmh

New user questions

Post by jasonmh »

Hello,

I am a new user, and really like the software.
I have 2 questions:
- On the Tools menu I see 2 options, ADD and MANAGE... I am wondering what they do, and when I click on either one the application locks up.
- When viewing a dive in the logbook, on the Comments tab.. There is a middle section called INS, where there is a list where everything starts with Equip:
How do I add new items to that list?

Thanks!

CORRECTION: Clicking on the ADD option under tools does not cause the app to lock up, I just don't know what the purpose is. If I click on MANAGE it does lock up.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you for your interest and test! The tools menu is for any external program or document you want to add as shortcut. So you can add for example a shortcut to your original dive computer software to download your dives and then import them into Diving Log. Or you can add a shortcut to any deco calculation software or you can add Word or PDF documents you maybe need often when logging your dives.

I'll check the bug with the "Manage" function. I think when you add the first item the manage function should also work. If not, please write this here.

Thank you and kind regards,
Sven
jasonmh

Post by jasonmh »

Thanks for the response.
That ADD is a great feature, and yes, now that I have tried it the MANAGE options works fine. Thank you very much.

Any ideas on adding to the EQUIP: list in the comments section of the logbook?

What I am trying to do is find a way to track which dives I am using doubles (twin tanks) on. Some training agencies want to see that you have X number of dives in doubles before a class. Is there a better way to do this? I was going to try to add it to the drop-down menu in the comments section. Then I can do a search for the word "doubles" and find all the dives that I used them on.

Thanks,
Jason
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jason

The dropdown fields above the dive comments can't be edited at the moment. But you can select the used equipment in the logbook window / additional tab / and then the 3rd button of the small toolbar. You can see there a list of all equipment which is entered in the equipment dialog.

Or you can find 10 user defined fields at the 2nd button of the additional tab. Or you can enter the word "Doubles" by hand in the comments field. At the moment there is no statistic of these fields, but the search function finds text of the dive comments. In a future update I want to add a statistic of the used equipment and user defined fields, too.

Sven
jasonmh

Post by jasonmh »

Great, thank you very much.
divinglog wrote: At the moment there is no statistic of these fields, but the search function finds text of the dive comments. In a future update I want to add a statistic of the used equipment and user defined fields, too.

Sven
That will be a great addition.