Certification card

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
perrx

Certification card

Post by perrx »

Hi

I'm a new user going through the process of creating my user on dive log. I've scanned in my certification cards and i like the idea of using Dive Log to keep a backup of them but i have a couple of questions

1. The front side of the card which is used as an icon on the right is very small and makes the card label unreadable. Is is possible to make the icons larger? The User Information window is a fixed size, how about allowing this is be maximized which would give the window room to show good sized readable cards. If not that how about allowing the certification field to be a label under the icon.

Do any of the app for android or iPhone / ipad exchange the certification card information including card images so i could use it as a backup in case i ever forget them?

Is there a way to trial the IOS app? all the android apps can be downloaded to free then require a registration to use fully, I don't feel like paying for the IOS app when i don't know if i will like it
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Certification card

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I'll see if I can make the user window sizable, but the other tabs won't look very well when the window gets too large. There is either a lot of white space or the textboxes get very large. You can however display the labels instead of the icons via context menu:
Image1.png
Image1.png (48.89 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
The iPhone/iPad app displays your certification cards for sure. I'm not sure about the Android app. You have to contact the app developers if you have questions about these apps, because I'm not the author. As far as I know the iTunes store does not have something like trials. Maybe Greg (the developer) can send you a sideloading beta version for testing, but you have to ask him directly. But the iOS app is really good and I'm sure you'll like it.

If you have questions about the Windows version, please feel free to ask me.

Kind regards,
Sven
perrx

Re: Certification card

Post by perrx »

Hi Sven

Thanks for the reply, turning off thumbnails fixed my problem