Diving Log and Windows 10

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ghabbe

Diving Log and Windows 10

Post by ghabbe »

After upgrading to Windows 10, I've had some issues with Diving Log, both 5 and 6. Firstly I got the date issue when opening the logbook, and this was fixed with the patch I found in another tread. Now I've got a simular problem when I try to sync with Ios via Wifi. Is there a fix for this?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Diving Log and Windows 10

Post by divinglog »

A similar problem or a different one? If you get an error message, please post the full error message here.

Thank you,
Sven
ghabbe

Post by ghabbe »

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Det oppstod et unntak under operasjonen som gjorde resultatet ugyldig. Kontroller InnerException for detaljer om unntaket.

ved System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
ved Divinglog.Sync.iPhone.BWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
ved System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
ved System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

System.ArgumentException: Strengen ble ikke gjenkjent som en gyldig DateTime.Kan ikke lagre <19.04.2001> i CertDate-kolonnen. Forventet type er DateTime.

ved System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)
ved System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(DataColumn column, Object value)
ved System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)
ved Divinglog.Import.SQLite.Import()
ved Divinglog.Sync.iPhone.BWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

System.FormatException: Strengen ble ikke gjenkjent som en gyldig DateTime.

ved System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
ved System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
ved System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDateTime(IFormatProvider provider)
ved System.Data.Common.DateTimeStorage.Set(Int32 record, Object value)
ved System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)

Diving Log Version: 6.0.0.1
Windows Version: Windows 10
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Let me know if it work know.
ghabbe

Post by ghabbe »

Thank you! Looks like it's ok now. :)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thanks, great to hear that! :)
ghabbe

Post by ghabbe »

I'm sorry to say, I've got a simular problem when I tried to sync to my iPhone too. The date also got wrong when I imported dives from my Suunto Vyper.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Det oppstod et unntak under operasjonen som gjorde resultatet ugyldig. Kontroller InnerException for detaljer om unntaket.

ved Divinglog.Sync.iPhone.BWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
ved System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
ved System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

System.FormatException: Strengen ble ikke gjenkjent som en gyldig DateTime.

ved System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
ved System.DateTime.Parse(String s)
ved Divinglog.Export.SQLite.Export()

ghabbe

Post by ghabbe »

Also got a Date/Time problem when i tried to upload to OneDrive.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This seems to be an Windows 10 bug when using Norwegian or Finnish regional settings:

https://www.reddit.com/r/csharp/comment ... indows_10/

I'll try to work around this Windows bug, but you'll probably find more places in Diving Log where this problem occurs. Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Let me know if sync/upload works now.
ghabbe

Post by ghabbe »

It didn't work. I got a new error message when I tried to sync, and the upload didn't work either. No error message there though.

System.InvalidCastException: Konvertering fra strengen 19.04.2001 00.00.00 til typen Date er ikke gyldig.

ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDate(String Value)
ved Divinglog.Export.SQLite.Export()

divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Ah, too bad. I'll try to find a solution, but hopefully Microsoft will fix this bug in Windows 10.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi, please download this test build and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. If it still does not work, please post your exact Windows regional settings (country locale, date and time format).
ghabbe

Post by ghabbe »

That seems to solve the problem. I will test a little more, and let you know if I run into any more issues. Thx again! :)
erognlid

Post by erognlid »

There is still problems regarding the date/time.

Calculation of surface time is totally messed up. Before the latest update you got a errormessage when trying to calculate. Now that's gone, but I get surface times lat minus 1h and 45 minutes then the dives are at the same date, but on to consecutive dates I get around 23 hours no matter what the correct interval is.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Which regional language code (e.g. en-US) and date/time format do you have setup in Windows? Please send me also your logbook file to info (at) divinglog.de and let me know the dive numbers to reproduce this issue.