Touch Downloader - Newbie problem

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
autodrivel

Touch Downloader - Newbie problem

Post by autodrivel »

Hi,
I have just installed the Diving Log App on my Surface Pro 3.
I wish to import dives from my Suunto Zoop
I am having problems getting it to launch the Touch Downloader desktop application.
Following the instructions on the Website I have installed Diving Log 6.0 Desktop version and have successfully utilised the Downloader option to import all of the dives on my Zoop into a Diving Log 6.0 Logbook.

However... when I switch back to the Diving Log App and touch the Download button on the app bar, it simply launches my desktop browser on the Touch Downloader page of the Diving Log Blog - according to the information on that page, having installed the software it should automatically launch the downloader.

Please could you advise as to what I might be doing incorrectly?
The Downloader is definitely communicating with the Zoop since it has successfully downloaded all of the dives in the device

Both the Diving Log App and the Desktop version are currently in trial mode.

Thanks in advance for any help
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Touch Downloader - Newbie problem

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The Touch Downloader is currently not included in the latest 6.0 installer, because I want to update it first. But you can download it separately. Download this zip file and extract it into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder.

Then start Diving Log 6.0, click the menu File > Preferences and click the "Apply" button to register the Touch Downloader, then it should work:
Image1.png
Image1.png (19.99 KiB) Viewed 3080 times
autodrivel

Post by autodrivel »

HI,

That sorted the problem :D

I have now successfully downloaded the dives on my Zoop.

I can currently only see the last 10 entries in the Diving Log App, which I assume is the trial limitation. If I register the app, will the other entries then become accessible in the App or will I need to download them again from the Zoop?

Thanks again for your help
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

After purchasing Diving Log Touch from the Windows Store, the dives should appear automatically without re-downloading them.

Please note: Diving Log Touch and Diving Log 6.0 are separte applications, so purchasing Diving Log Touch from the Windows Store does not include the full desktop version 6.0. Please take your time evaluating both applications before buying, so you can decide which one you want (or both :wink: )

Kind regards,
Sven