Can't add countries or dive sites

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Dominic

Re: Can't add countries or dive sites

Post by Dominic »

Still not working. I'm considering reformatting my laptop with Windows 7 again. Getting so frustrated.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please do not yet format your laptop, I still have some ideas. One possible reason I just came up with, is that your Windows time formatting might contain an apostrophe, e.g. like in 12 o'clock. If you have setup your Windows regional settings like that, it might cause this error.

Please download this test build and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Then try to add an item. It should now display a message box with the SQL query which should be executed. If you see this message box, press Ctrl-C to copy the message to the clipboard and paste it here in the forum (or you can make a screenshot)
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

You're a genius!
Yes, my windows time is reformatted.
I like it in 24 hour format, so I edit the time to be

Code: Select all

HH'h'mm
, so that it displays

16h59
for example.

I've changed it back to the standard windows format of

hh:mm:ss PM
and adding countries now works.

Would you like me to change it back and run that new update you posted in the last post?
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

*double post by accident*
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great to hear that this was the root of the problem. It took me some time, but in the end we found it, thank you for your patience! No need to download the test build anymore. I'll do some testing and implement a fix in the next update so it works also with your time formatting. In the meantime please keep using the default formatting without apostrophe.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Thank you.
I'm fairly sure I will be buying the software, I'm very impressed with your commitment to problem solving and making sure we sorted this out.
I'm glad to also have contributed to finding potential hiccups/bugs.