location problems

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
scott

location problems

Post by scott »

Hi Sven,

I am having a bit of a problem when adding locations in from my ocealog imports..

i can add new locations just fine using the little "i" icon, and by selecting the appropriate dialouge with a tick/check mark and selecting ok, but the "drop-down" menu's are always blank. Perhaps there is something i am not doing, but the only field that allows a populated selection through the drop-down menu is the "country" and sometimes the "buddy".

any help GREATLY appreciated...

P.S. you make AWESOME software! keep up the GREAT work :wink:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Scott

The dropdowns are at the moment only refreshed when you open the logbook window again. I want to change this in future so that the new entry is immediately available. If you only want to add a new Country without any further information, you can also enter the name in the dropdown directly, without clicking the info icon (same with location and buddy)

Sven :)
scott

Post by scott »

ah ok thanks, i'll have to re-check this...

many thanks for the help.
scott

Post by scott »

hi Sven,

I have just re-checked this, and your instructions are correct when applied to my desktop PC, but on my laptop (where all my dives go) the fields dont refresh as described, i can turn the laptop off, re-load divinglog etc etc but these fields dont refresh themselves, apart from "buddy" and "country" the drop-downs remain blank (but i have in excess of 10 cities and locations plugged in).

Any idea's?

maybe i need to update some software on the laptop, its running WINXP SP1 and has no MS OFFICE app's installed (perhaps i need to update MDACS or some such thing??)

any help greatly appreciated..

Scott
scott

Post by scott »

i thought i would be pro-active and download the randem solutions auto MDAC/JET4.0 updated etc for winxp, but there is no change, on the laptop, (WINXP SP1) there is still only blank drop-down lists (except for country and dive buddy).

hope you have some idea's Sven :cry:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Scott

Make sure that you have on your laptop the newest version of Diving Log (4.0.3). To check click on menu Help > Info about Diving Log

In version 4.0.2 was a bug and the dropdowns were not filled.
scott

Post by scott »

hi Sven, its definately 4.03 (registered)

:cry:

any other possibilities? i cant think of what could cause it... :?
scott

found it!

Post by scott »

ok, i found the problem, in the "File, Preferences" menu, i had un-ticked the "autocomplete" boxes so the drop-downs would not auto-complete due to the import nature of Oceancrap, oh, i mean Oceanlog. :P

so by turning off auto-complete, it would keep the drop-downs blank :o my fault, thanks for looking into it Sven, i wasnt quite sure what the other side effects might have been from unchecking those boxes, but now i know :D