Dropbox download - Error opening SQLite Database

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
CaveDiverFL

Dropbox download - Error opening SQLite Database

Post by CaveDiverFL »

Hi,

I had to re-install divelog 5.0 on my PC and am getting the above error when trying to download the data from Dropbox (which I used to sync). I tried this on two different machines (Win 7 and Win 8.1) and it's giving me the same error.

The files in my drobox folder are named:
- Logbook.sql
- DivelogSync.xml

I vaguely recall that my logbook on my original computer had a different name since it was a copy but I don't recall what it was and don't know if that is an issue.

If you have any suggestions on how I can import this logbook data please let me know
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Dropbox download - Error opening SQLite Database

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The error looks like the *.sql file is not readable. Try to open it with the "Diving Log" import function from the import section to see if it can be opened. Have you exported your logbook to Dropbox recently? If you export (upload) to Dropbox, please make sure to wait until the dropbox sync client has actually uploaded your file. Diving Log just exports the file locally to your Dropbox folder on the PC, the upload is done by the Dropbox app. So if you shutdown your PC too quickly, the file might not have been uploaded yet.

If you want you, can email me the Logbook.sql file (info (at) divinglog.de) and I'll have a look at the file. Do you have another backup somewhere?

Kind regards,
Sven
CaveDiverFL

Re: Dropbox download - Error opening SQLite Database

Post by CaveDiverFL »

Hey Sven,

I emailed you the data. Hopefully the data is in good shape, losing it would be a disaster.