Combining graphs on one graph?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
fribse

Combining graphs on one graph?

Post by fribse »

Is it possible to have multiple graphs shown in one graph (eg. color coded), both in the profile view and on a printed logpage?
If not, it's definetely something that would be nice to have in a future version...
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Combining graphs on one graph?

Post by divinglog »

You cannot combine multiple graphs in one (except the PPO2 and setpoint data from CCR dives), however in the print report designer you can add as many profile graphs to the page as you want.
fribse

Post by fribse »

Yes, but it takes up a lot of space, a future enhancement for this would be nice :-)
Sort of 'add graph space' and put these graphs in it...
KBinoth

Post by KBinoth »

Yes please! As much as I love Diving Log, on my old Suunto software the dive depth was indicated by a blue graph with the depth shown on the left axis, whilst the temperature could be overlaid & was showing in red, with the temperature range showing on the right axis. Minutes were shown on the bottom axis, same as on Diving Log. Would love to see this visual combination again. Please consider.

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I think 2 graphs in one box are the maximum, more graphs get very crowded and confusing. I've done a quick and dirty proof of concept and I'm not sure if it makes sense (ignore that the upper yellow temperature profile is inverted). In my opinion it does not look really nice and clean. What do you think?

Image1.png
Image1.png (34.05 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
fribse

Post by fribse »

I would suggest making the temperature scale lager so that small fluctuations doesn't show that big, and then smooth out the graph.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

In the next update I've added a combined tank pressure graph for now. I will see if there is a good way to combine other graphs as well.

Image2.png
Image2.png (13.76 KiB) Viewed 6019 times