Profile not showing gas mixes

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
RogerSelwyn

Profile not showing gas mixes

Post by RogerSelwyn »

I've just noticed that with both my Sunto Vyper Air and my wifes Vytec, Diving Log does not seem to show the gas mixes against the profiles, it is always showing as air.

The dives I imported from SDM all show correctly, including the appropriate gas changes, whilst dives downloaded into Diving Log either using the Suunto downloader or the Universal Downloaded all show air for everthing, with no gas changes showing at all.

The Gas Mixture Details item does show the correct first mixture 'gas1 (O2=21%)' but isn't showing the correct second gas e.g. 'gas2 (O2=84%)'. And the Tanks & Gases dialogue is only showing one gas for which the mix is unknown.

Is there anything I can provide to help debugging this one?

Thanks
Roger
RogerSelwyn

Re: Profile not showing gas mixes

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Should have said, Universal Downloader is not populating Gas Mixture Details, but is populating first gas in Tanks & Gases for a Vyper Air.

If you want me to do some detailed testing on a Vyper Ait and Vytec DS using the two downloaders I'm happy to do that. I think it may be a mixed bag of what is being downloaded to where....

I can also supply Download files from both downloaders.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

This is currently not supported by neither downloader, as far as I know.
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

That's a shame. I don't think the universal downloader is open source is it, so I can't contribute :(

I'll try to contact Jef anyway...
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi Sven,

I can see the gas change information being shown the the Universal downloader output. I can provide an XML file of the output if that helps. I'm not sure it shows the starting gas, but clearly shows the change and the O2%

Cheers
Roger
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Maybe it was added recently as I'm using an older version. I'll contact Jef when I'm back from my vacation.
Joerg

Post by Joerg »

This problem sounds familiar ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1782

Cheers, Jörg
pawlopav

Post by pawlopav »

Any update to the gas switches for Suunto Vytec? I've just tested download from the Suunto Vytec in the Diving Log 6.0 and the gas switches are not registered as well as the Gasses used during the dives are not created properly.

IN a dive with Air and Nitrox 50, only the Nitrox 50 is created and the gas switch from Air to Nitrox 50 for decompression is not registered.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please follow these instructions and send Jef the dive computer logs: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1296

Thank you,
Sven
TnT

Post by TnT »

Multiple gas mixes and gas switches are fully supported for the Vytec. This has been implemented long time ago. So I'm not sure why they are not showing up for you. The only outstanding issue is that a switch to an identical gas mix (e.g. Air to Air) won't be detected. But that does not apply to your case (Air and Nx50). Can you send me the data from your dive computer, as Sven already suggested?
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html