HS Explorer Import

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
GKAM

HS Explorer Import

Post by GKAM »

Hi all,

I saw the post on RBW about the plugin for the Explorer Import so I decided to try it out along with DivingLog.

Unfortunately, the depths in all profiles come out off by a factor of 10. My Explorer logs are in metric units and my PC regional settings are European ( i.e. "," is for decimals and "." is for thousands). A 90m dive is plotted at 900m :!:

Also, I seem to be unable to "stitch" and merge separate log files. The DivHistory.txt file only takes a finite number of dives (25) before the HS Explorer begins to write over the old ones. This means that one has to keep separate files to avoid losing old dives. How can I merge the files except for the obvious copy/paste in notepad before converting to .mdb?

Any suggestions?

Thx,
George
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi George

I think the depth bug is because the import program handles the . and , wrong, I'll take a look at the code and I'm sure I'm able to fix it quickly.

You can import as many HS Explorer logfiles into the same mdb logfile as you want. So simply start the import program again and import your next logfile, the new dives will be added to the end. You can sort the dive numbers in Diving Log later if necessary.

If someone else wants to download the import tool, click here: ImportHSExp.zip. I'll put it to the download website the next few days.

Kind regards,
Sven
GKAM

Post by GKAM »

Thanks Sven,

This works but I still cannot sort the dives according to date. I have to go in and manually change the dive number to get them to sort.

Can you pls add the option of sorting according to date? IMHO it would make more sense.

/G
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can sort the dives by date in the menu "File > Logbook Maintenance > Sort Logbook". If HS Explorer exports the dives in the correct order and you import them in the correct order, the numbers should be already correct sorted. Or are there any differences?