Version 2.5 of the Downloader is no longer supported

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

absalon wrote:But in Divinglog is the Start and End Pressure is missing, the Altitude is wrong and the temp is missing.
Thanks Henrik.
I'm aware of the Pressures not being recorded.
The lack of pressure data is a function of both the current version of Diving Log and the 'roll back' away from the DCDML output format. The current version of DL is limited in what 'events' it can read, as well as what data can be in a datum reading. It's in the <datum> tag that current pressure is stored along with current depth and the temperature sample.

I also need a patch for the temp function, D models don't record a start/end/deepest temp like the older models. Instead they record a temperature reading every (default is 5) few samples. It shouldn't be too hard to keep track of the readings and make that data however.

I didn't know the Altitude was being recorded wrong. Thanks. I'll look into it.

[Edit] I found the bug in altitude ( I think ). I also patched the temp and pressure reporting routines to give useful data. Build 59 is up and waiting [/Edit]
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Hi James,

Suunto Downloader 2.5.0 B build 57 doesn't show any dives after having successfully stated the no. of dives on my D9. :(

Is there anything else I need to update DL-wise? And where's the build 59?

Cheers
James Connell

bug fix

Post by James Connell »

Well, I had a regression in the downloader. Seems I change a value from true to false in the process of redoing this for the next upgrade.
That is fixed, But I'm Not sure why no dives were produced from a D9, Stefano. The different computer types use different routines to build the output.

Build 60 is up.
JConn Inv.
Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Ok James,

Just downloaded build 60 and I'll try it out this evening at home - I'll let you know, if it works for me.

Cheers
Stefano

Something to Report of ...

Post by Stefano »

Hi James,

First of all TAL for your contribution so far, for I finally managed to get the Suunto Downloader to work :wink:

1. Initially it wasn't clear to me that one has to rename your application to SuuntoXML.exe - you should make this clear on your site (just my 0.02).

2. The first time I started the download I had the following Erro No. in the Connect Diving Computer dialog: 16. I cancelled the download and restarted it, without any further hickups.

3. I've got 8 dives on my D9 and while having a look at no. 4 and 6 I always receive the Error No. 13 "Type mismatch. Position: Draw Profile - Max Depth" with DL, even though downloading the data with the Suunto DM and then importing the SDM 2.x data in DL, I don't have this problems.

I'll send you the MDB file for you to check. Is there anything else I've to take care of?

Again well done so far and I'm looking forward to get hold of the final version, if there will be no further betas in the pipeline, which I'll gladly test for you too.

Cheers
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Stefano

The error 13 "Type mismatch is a bug of Diving Log in combination with the D9. In some cases the profile gets negative depth values during the import which causes then the error when displaying the profile. I fixed that already and try to release an update as quick as possible.

Sven
Last edited by divinglog on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Excellent Sven,

That would be terrific indeed!

Looking forward to installing your update soon ... 8)

Cheers
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

divinglog wrote:Hi Stefano

The error 13 "Type mismatch is a bug of Diving Log in combination with the D9. In some cases the profile gets negative depth values during the import which causes then the error when displaying the profile. I fixed that already and try to release an update as quick as possible.

Sven
Sven, If you have an update in the works how about a change so that any divecomputer reporting itself as a D model uses a different data format?

The output from the computer is 'translated' twice before it gets to you.
First the raw data is parced into separate data components, then in the current version is converted to the old style depth format.
The second 'Delta' conversion is where the error occurs and I can't find it!

The computers actually report true depth (in CM) where as the old style reports the change in depth between samples ( in FT).

If you do an upgrade you might as well bypass that 'delta' conversion, as I'm sure you change it back inside Diving Log.
I was just trying to get the downloader to work with the existing version of DL.
JConn Inv.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, I think its the best to change the data format for the D models so that there is no unnecessary format conversion. It is no problem from my side, so simply send me an example xml file of the D models as you think its the best and I'll modify the import function. In the meantime the people can use the existing downloader and with the next update of Diving Log I'll use a version which exports the new format. I'll keep you informed when the update will be finish.
James Connell

NEW VERSION IS ON THE WEB SITE! D model profiles are fixed

Post by James Connell »

Ok, I have the profile problem with the D models solved! (i think).

V 2.5.1.61 Should keep things going until I get the new code of V3.0 debugged.

For those who are curious - Suunto didn't use all the available memory. They kept 2 bytes at the back that are not part of the profile memory. The true memory top is 0x7FFD :?
JConn Inv.