Suunto downloader with Stinger

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
regaensslen

Suunto downloader with Stinger

Post by regaensslen »

The Suunto downloader in 4.0.8 will not work with the Stinger - through a serial port interface. I have tried several SuuntoXML versions, the latest 2.0.1.22, and get error messages. The software does not see the dive computer.
I can use Suunto software to download the dives, then export them as .csv files and import them into diving log, but it is a pain in the neck.
Thanks for any help.
R E Gaensslen
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

What I forgot to tell you in my last email: Until the new version works again for you, you can download also the old version 2.0.0.12, which was included in Diving Log 4.0.7: suunto212.zip

But it would be great if you can also test the new downloaders from James to make sure that the future versions will work, too.

Kind regards,
Sven
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

I had hoped it wouldn't be necessary, but I have put the "delay" back into the downloader. The current default is in the 200ms range and should be enough for the great majority of DCs. The new build is on my site.

Sven, you will need to add an adjustment control for the downloader that ranges from 1 -> 12 ( the default being 6 ) and that value is to be sent in the "-delay=" switch of the downloader's command line. BTW The difference between 1 and 12 is about 45 sec in download time for a full DC, I leave it to you if you wish to optimize that or not.

regaensslen: I have sent you an email with the new version attached. Please let me know if it does the deed.

Be advised that if version 2.0.1.25 works, I am done supporting version 2.x of the downloader. All my efforts will now go into finishing version 3.0 - which has D model support!
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I think I'll use the standard delay that you choose and give the user the option to change it if necessary. So everyone can find the best and quickest setting for his computer / interface combination.

Thanks James and keep up the good work! :)