Looking for testers for Diving Log Facebook Profile Uploader

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
AndyDragon

Re: Looking for testers for Diving Log Facebook Profile Uplo

Post by AndyDragon »

Actually, looks like the resolution is trimmed significantly from 1024x768 (does your tablet have a virtual keyboard which is taking up a bunch of space)?

In any case, I put the data plot control in a view box with scaling and looks 'okay' right down to 800 x 480 (okay meaning you can type in a comment and continue but otherwise is not a great experience)...

Also added code to open the default logbook file if there is one in the registry. You can still open another file (and does NOT affect the registry) using the open logbook button.
Andrew Forget
PADI IDC Staff Instructor 212158
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

My mistake Andy,

The native screen resolution for many netbook computers is 1024 x 600, and that's the mode mine is running in.

I downloaded and installed the new version and have been able to successfully post a profile to Facebook.

Great work Andy, and many thanks for this application.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Great, good to know you are unblocked.
Andrew Forget
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Andy

Another suggestion: You could add the Facebook uploader at the first start automatically to the "Tools" menu of Diving Log by creating a registry key in this section:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Divinglog\Divinglog50\Extern

René does this with his GeoTag tool and I think it is not a bad idea. Some users might have problems adding your app to the tools section, because the exe file is not easy to find.
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

I will definitely look at how he does this and add something similar...great idea.
Andrew Forget
Rockfish

Post by Rockfish »

Hi
I tried your Facebook uploader today. First time round I did not untick "use imperial".Is it possible that it will use which ever is set in Diving Log?
I also did not get to upload the images I loaded from Diving log, only the profile pic.

regards
Wilhelm
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

I will add code to look at the settings in Diving Log and try to set the 'Use Imperial' correctly.

Also, the application does not upload the photos, only the profile pic. I can look into uploading the photo's too, but then I wonder if each dive should be it's own album. I will think on this one...
Andrew Forget
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

I corrected the code to pull in each of the units (metric vs imperial) from the registry (to match DivingLog). Also, the control for each was added (and they appear on both the front page and upload prep page).

Also fixed a few minor unit update bugs.

One important note, if you run the tool from Diving Log's tools menu, the click-once app is NOT updated. You need to look under the Start menu under AndyDragon Software ->Diving Log Software...I need to check with Sven if we can get the click-once start menu item instead of the actual assembly location...
Andrew Forget
Rockfish

Post by Rockfish »

Hi
I realised after posting, only the profile pic is supposed to upload.
Uploading the dive pics and the profile pic into a new album with the divesite/date ect name would be awsome.

regards
Wilhelm
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

I have changed the external tools link to use the clickonce app reference (you DON'T need to know what that is if you don't already! lol)

Just run the application from the start menu, install the update and from that point forward, running it from the start menu OR from Diving Log will check for updates properly.

I am looking into an option to allow dive photo uploads (though it's not a feature I use - I push all my photos to a network machine and linking to those makes Diving Log version slow...would prefer to embed the images in the DB itself, but they are huge, so that's tough too). Perhaps an option when adding a photo to a dive to copy the picture to the same folder as the MDB? That way Diving Log doesn't have to hit the network for a bunch of photos?
Andrew Forget
rene

Post by rene »

AndyDragon wrote: Perhaps an option when adding a photo to a dive to copy the picture to the same folder as the MDB? That way Diving Log doesn't have to hit the network for a bunch of photos?
I think it's a very good idea (or a sub directory of the mdb) ! Some images are embedded into database BLOBs, but most of them are only referenced by their paths. And not only for dive pictures : flags, site maps, buddies, etc.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, I'm looking at more options for photos. I cannot store all images within the database to avoid to large DB file sizes.
schelvis

Post by schelvis »

Hi,

Is there already a translator for Dutch? I did the translation for Dive Log on a iDevice. If I need to translate this, just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Leo
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Dutch translation added, thanks Leo!

Done:

[X] English
[X] German
[X] Dutch

Needed:

Spanish
French
Portuguese
Swedish
Finnish
Greek
Russian
Polish
other...

If anyone can help out, let me know and I can add more languages.
Andrew Forget
rene

Post by rene »

Hello Andy,

I will do the french translation. But I don't have a Facebook account (and don't want one), so I will not able to test completely.