Greg’s iPhone Dive Log 1.4 is now available in the iTunes App Store and brings compatibility with the just released iOS 4. Together with the previous version 1.3 from May it contains many new features:
• Support for iOS 4 and the most recent phones.
• Certifications are now sorted by date in the Personal tab.
• Call, or email Buddies from the Buddies tab.
• Dutch localization.
• Minor bug fixes and corrections.
Expanded Equipment Management
• You can now set additional information about your dive Equipment including purchase details, serial number, warranty information and upcoming service dates. There is a new setting in the settings tab to control how far in advance Dive Log will notify you about upcoming Equipment service dates. The default for this setting is “never”, but you can set a different period (for example “1 week before”) to turn on notifications. Notifications are indicated by the application badge. The application badge will be updated even when the application is not running if you are running on a recent version of the platform software* that supports push notifications.
View Dive Site Maps within Dive Log and get directions via external applications
• Dive Log now shows Dive Site locations on a Map within the application if you are running on a more recent version of the platform software*. This new embedded map also has a new control to measure the approximate distance from your current location to the selected dive site. You also now have the option of getting directions to the site from the Maps application or a 3rd party navigation application if you have a supported one installed (see our website for details).
Landscape mode is now supported throughout Dive Log
• You can now rotate your iPhone and get a landscape view of each screen. This is particularly useful in the photo viewer, the profile viewer and the new map view. You may also find it useful when typing in comments to take advantage of the more spacious landscape keyboard. Full landscape mode support is only available when running a more recent version of the platform software*.
Many smaller improvements have also been added in response to specific customer requests.
* – Dive Log will run on older versions of iPhoneOS, however for the best experience we recommend running on iOS 4.